Effective Date: January 01, 2021
You acknowledge and agree that the Site is powered by Proseeder Technologies, Inc., (“Proseeder”), and as such, “OQAL” is not responsible for the content and communications that appear on the Site and is not responsible or liable to you for any issues that may arise with respect to your use of the Site.
- Acceptance of Terms. This Site is made available to legal residents of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the GGC and MENA who are age 18 or older. This Site is only suitable, intended and available for Entrepreneurs (defined below) and accredited investors who are members of OQAL Angel Investors Network (“Members”) and familiar with, and willing to, accept the risks associated with private investments. OQAL does not endorse any of the opportunities that appear on this Site, nor makes any recommendations regarding the appropriateness of particular opportunities for any users. Each user “Member” must review and evaluate the opportunities in such user’s own discretion and determine the suitability of entering into any transaction. Please read these Terms carefully. Your use of the Site constitutes your agreement to these Terms.
- Modifications to the Site and Terms. The Site is made available by OQAL and the OQAL’s technology provider “Proseeder” subject to this Agreement. We reserve the right to update or make changes to this Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, which changes we may provide to you by any reasonable means, including without limitation, by posting the revised version of this Agreement on the Site. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “EFFECTIVE DATE” legend at the top of this Agreement. In addition, we reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, temporarily or permanently, in whole or in part, to: modify or discontinue the Site, with or without notice; charge fees in connection with the use of the Site; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Site; and/or offer opportunities to some or all users of the Site. You agree that neither we nor any of our affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Entities”), shall be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site, in whole or in part, or of any Service, content, feature or product offered through the Site. Your continued use of the Site after such changes will indicate your acceptance of such changes.
- Description of the Services. We provide entrepreneurs who register with OQAL Angel Investors Network (“Entrepreneurs”) and use the Site with the ability to apply for OQAL’s evaluation and to submit business information for these and related purposes. In addition to information submitted by Entrepreneurs, OQAL and Members may prepare due diligence materials regarding Entrepreneurs and their businesses. Information submitted by an Entrepreneur and due diligence materials prepared by OQAL and Members is collectively referred to as “Entrepreneur Information”. Entrepreneur Information becomes the property of the OQAL, and is generally shared with Members, OQAL Angel Investors Network, and, from time-to-time, other angel networks, investors and funds. We provide Members with access to certain content, services and functionality as described in the Membership Agreement. Entrepreneur and Member services are collectively referred to as the “Services”).
- Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your full compliance with these Terms including, without limitation, the rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site pursuant. You agree that you will not:
• Use the Site and/or the Services for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
• Use the Site for the benefit of other persons or for purposes other than the uses permitted by the Entrepreneur registration terms or the Membership Agreement, as applicable.
• Use the Site to defame abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any representative of Company; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
• Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
• Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
• Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site, the Services or information contained within the Site and Services, except as otherwise specifically permitted by Company.
• Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site.
• Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials obtained from the Site.
• Frame or mirror any part of the Site without Company’s express prior written consent.
• Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.
• Access the Site or any other person’s account without authorization including, but not limited to, misuse of Logins or other information.
• Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine” or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without Company’s express prior written consent.
• Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services without Company’s express prior written consent.
• Post, transmit, or otherwise make available, through or in connection with the Site:
• Any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability including, but not limited to, under applicable securities laws, laws governing computer fraud and abuse or in contravention of other regulations or private contracts;
• Any material that encourages conduct that constitutes a criminal offense; or that encourages or provides instructional information about illegal activities or activities such as “hacking,” “cracking,” “phishing” or “phreaking.”
• Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may, or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software or equipment.
• Any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional material, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letter,” “pyramid scheme” or investment opportunity, or any other form of solicitation.
• Anything that is or may be (a) threatening, harassing, degrading, hateful or intimidating; (b) defamatory; (c) fraudulent or tortuous; (d) obscene, indecent, pornographic or otherwise objectionable; or (e) protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity or other proprietary right without the express prior consent of the owner of such right.
- Entrepreneur Registration. Entrepreneurs are required to register with the OQAL in order to use the Services provided through the Site. During registration, Entrepreneurs may be asked to provide the following information: full name, business name, mailing address, email address, telephone number(s), business summary and data and other biographical and professional information. Entrepreneurs will also be asked to create a unique user name and password (collectively, “Entrepreneur Login”). When an Entrepreneur registers with the Site, an account will also be created with “oqal”.org for the purposes of sharing Entrepreneur’s Information with other accredited investors.
- Login Use. Member Login and Entrepreneur Login are collectively referred to as “Login”. Your Login is for your personal use only, and not for use by or on behalf of any other person. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Login you may use to access the Site, and agree not to transfer your Login, or lend or otherwise transfer your use of or access to the Site, to any third party. You are fully responsible for all interaction with the Site that occurs in connection with your Login. You agree to immediately notify OQAL of any unauthorized use of your Login or any other breach of security related to your account or the Site, and to ensure that you “log off”/exit from your account with the Site (if applicable) at the end of each session. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
- User Generated and Third-Party Links and Information. The Site permits Entrepreneurs and Members to upload and post data and materials to the Site. Entrepreneur-provided and Member-provided data and materials are posted for informational purposes only and are not independently verified by OQAL and/or “ProSeeder”. Therefore, your reliance on such information is at your own risk. In addition, the Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. Because OQAL and “ProSeeder” have no control over user generated content and/or other third-party sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that OQAL, the Affiliated Entities and “ProSeeder” and their respective employees, limited liability company members, officers, directors, shareholders, affiliates, agents, representatives, licensors, suppliers and service providers (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for the accuracy or availability of such user generated data and materials and/or external sites or resources, and the Released Parties neither endorse nor are responsible or liable for any user generated content that appears on the Site or content, advertising, products or other materials on or available through third-party sites or resources. Other web sites may provide links to the Site with or without our authorization. You acknowledge and agree that the Released Parties do not endorse such third-party sites, and are not and shall not be responsible or liable for any links from those sites to the Site, any content, advertising, products or other materials available on or through such other sites, or any loss or damages incurred in connection therewith.
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ENTREPRENEUR AND/OR MEMBER-PROVIDED) WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, DATA, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH SUCH WEB SITES AND RESOURCES, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE APPLICABLE TO SUCH SITES AND RESOURCES. THE THIRD-PARTY CONTENT IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS.